|Senior Speech and LanguageTherapist||Full Time|
We are a value-based organization, committed to serving students on the autism spectrum who have an intellectual disability. Working as a team from different professional background, we work interdependently to provide the best evidence-informed practices that we know so that quality education can be provided through an autism focused curriculum, competent staff, and strong family collaboration.
Assessment and Intervention
- Conduct speech/language assessment for complex cases and plan for intervention
- Communication level of students and plan for intervention
Program Planning & Delivery
- Plans for intervention in 1:1/small group
- Implements school-wide initiatives on Alternative/Augmentative Communication (AAC) supports for students with the development team
- Makes necessary referrals to external speech-language therapy services when intervention needs exceed classroom intervention scope
- Researches resources and methods (e.g. intervention and treatment techniques, assessment tools and methods, community resources, etc.) for the purpose of determining the appropriate approach for addressing student's functional goals
Training & Coaching
- Coach educators on communication screening of students
- Provides AAC consultation, training, and coaching to educators on the use of alternative/augmentative communication (AAC)supports
- Plan and deliver training on language & communication topics related to autism
- Plan induction and orientation for new SLTs
- Coach and develop Speech and Language Therapist
- Supervise SLT eligible for registration with Allied Health Professional Council in Singapore to be a Full Registrant
Management and Service Operations
- Lead with the team in the development of program, policies & procedures to promote best practice in SLTs service provision.
- Collaborate in the development on best practices of service provision with other allied health professionals
- Recommend procurement and monitor utilization of equipment and resource materials
- Conduct performance reviews of SLTs
- Any other responsibilities as required by your Supervisor
- Registered with the Allied Health Professions Council in Singapore as Full Registrant
- At least 5-7 years of relevant working experience in the same or related field including assessment, intervention, and coaching/teaching
- Desire to learn about Autism and the passion to serve the autism community and their families
Apply for this Position:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.